Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 23, 2022

Playtime ...

 Hi Everybody,

For these two cards I used the Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide Ink and a blending brush to create an Ombre Effect on my cards.

Once I had done that I ran the panels through my embossing folders, this one is the Perfect Rose folder, and I used a different one for each card. 

With the raised side of the card uppermost I then used the same brush and ink to go over it again but this time with a heavier hand.

That picks up all the raised areas and makes them stand out more on the card front.

I used items left over from other cards that had been cut in white and with foam tape I added them to the card panel.

The orange sequins have been added for effect, and the card bases are both from one A4 piece that has been folded and then cut in half.
For this one I did the same technique with the ink for the background and then used the Trellis folder for this card.

I again brushed over the raised side with my blending brush and it made the pattern stand out on the panel.

The sentiment is from the large Decorative Words die set which I cut three times and stacked together for a really sturdy stand out look. 

Again I have dotted sequins on the front and I am really happy with both of the cards. 

Quick and easy, clean and simple ... for me any way !!

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Two really lovely cards.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours. Ive been trying to use up "saved" bits from previous cards. Its surprising how they all add up ! Using strips to make "men" cards and I use a hole punch to make dots to fill a few blank spaces. All good fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have so many saved bits from previous cards, always thinking up ways to use them, you have done just that in a great way, thank you Christina....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards & great idea for using up leftovers, another great card

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...