Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 09, 2022

Gold Embossing Powder

 Hi Everybody,

Todays card is using gold embossing powder  on pink card with a stamp set from the Altenew Monthly kits that I subscribe to.

It is a black base card and I have  added in another black layer that has been splattered with gold paint. I have die cut the image out with the matching dies and then added it to the card with foam tape.

It had been dotted with gold sequins and it is a DL size card that will fit into a standard sized envelope. So no extra expense there. 

And now on a completely different subject I am having the cataract removed from my left eye this morning and at least this time I know what to expect from the procedure.

I will be glad once it is all over with though and as I said before, if you are waiting to have this done then it really is worth it. It does not hurt but  I didn't think it was a pleasant experience.

I will try to get done what I can for the rest of the week but please think about joining Lou Collins and me on Facebook Live this coming Friday 12th August, to see the new collection that is being launched, and to try your hand at winning some prizes.

Talking of which .... don't forget to check back and see if your are the winner of last weeks give away as it has not yet been claimed, and it wont be there forever.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

11 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the very best for your cataract op! Your card is so elegant, black and gold is very sophisticated!
    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the operation goes well Christina- Hope to see you on friday.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina
    Hope all went well with your cataract removal. Onwards and upwards now when the discomfort has gone. Take care
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card today.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Christina hope everything goes well today with your eye appointment you are amazing how you do all these blogs and tutorials. Love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had my right eye cataract removed early July. The procedure was fine but having to put 2 different drops in my eye, one 4 times a day abd the other 3 times a day, was a pain. If it wasn't for the hospital giving me a drop timetable I would not have made it. The fact I could not garden or vacuum for 4 weeks was awful. Hope your procedure went well. Best of luck with the drops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that your cataract operation went well and you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can never go wrong with black and gold. Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a delightful giveaway , would be great to play with. Thanks for the opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, beautiful gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...