Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

June 07, 2023

Monochrome Cards

Hi Everybody,
 
This is an idea that I covered many years ago and it is the monochrome card, which simply means making the card using only one colour, or shades of it.

So I thought I would give it a go again as a revisit to old tutorials on my YouTube Channel

The card to the right is done in blue  cardstock and this has to be my favourite one out of those that I did. 

I used  any flower dies that I have in my collections and my favourite Rose Flourish for the leaves.

The background is the Simply Dots Embossing folder from Card Making Magic


This all pink one is very soft and delicate and the flowers is the Hellebore Die Set from 
Card Making Magic

I used all three of the flowers in the set and raised them up with foam pads. 

The centre flower has double pads under it to make it stand out even more.

Using all one colour means you don't have to think about which colour goes with which and if they will clash.

And all my flowers have been added to either an embossed background or a die cut to stop it looking too plain.


This white one is a little more intricate as I have created a wreath from the leaves but I show you in the video how I made this one.

The leaves and flowers are from the same set called Daisy Flourishes and it is not a million miles away from the Rose Flourish.

The background is from the 5x7 Quatrefoil die set. 

The flowers I have layered all together to make full blooms and a white pearls is added to the centre of each.

They are all really pretty cards and can be for male or female depending on the colours you use.

Still they may appeal to you as we all like different things.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. Oh l like Monochrome cards yours are absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving visiting some of your old videos on some amazing techniques you have highlighted over the years...always good to go back to things we seem to forget and refresh our memories, thank you Christina....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Christina.Like the monochrome look especially the blue one.
    Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards absolutely love the colours you have used xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards As Ursula has said- its good to be reminded!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards- this is second attempt at comment so hope you have got the first one .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are gorgeous, this is my go to a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina,
    What a great idea! I never thought of creating a card using only one color. Interesting. I have to try because I really like the idea and all your cards are lovely.
    Thanks for the great video.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...