Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 22, 2020

Happy Mothers Day .. to everybody

Hi Everybody,

I do hope this post finds you all well and escaping the effects of Coronavirus. 
It is a very worrying time for all of us and can be very upsetting for those who have to isolate them selves from society.
I sympathise with you and I too, at 72 am, one of those who has to stay in doors.

We have to find things to occupy our time and keep our hands working.
 I have started to do my spring cleaning early

Make use of Facebook, if you are on it, to keep up with family and friends.
 Go back to writing letters or making phone calls to them. 
We may be in an imposed social distancing situation, but we can keep close emotionally and tell people you love that you do love them and are missing their company.

Also think about the people out there who have to face everyday wondering if someone they meet will infect them. People on the front line like NHS staff, shopkeepers, transport drivers, school staff who have to stay open for some children and many many other workers that are too many to mention.

Think also about small businesses who are struggling in a different way. If the supermarkets don't have fresh fruit and veg then try the small green groceries who will also be struggling to keep going

 This hits home to me personally as my Grandson has his own restaurant and has now had to close. He had a full house for Mothers day and now he has none.
 He is operating a Take Away service and I will be taking advantage of that as this situation worsens.

As for me well I will try to give you all something to look forward to each week with the
 Friday Freebie that will include the magazine and the gift that came with it.
I will cover the postage so that it is completely free to you and I am happy to send it wherever you are.

As crafters we can keep ourselves busy with the things we love to do, and remember that you don't need to go to the shops , Craft Stash is always there for items you may need.
 They are still operating a full service though many staff are working from home.

Subscribe to your favourite magazine to make sure you have the inspiration you need, and get it delivered direct to your door, keeping you safe.

And don't forget the NEW online community that has been started for us all
Craft World will be the place to keep in touch with other crafters and enjoy a little fun in the process.  And you will get exclusive videos on a regular basis.

So it's not the end of the world, and many of those who have had Coronavirus have now made a full recovery and  can move forward . 
We will all move forward eventually and things will get back to normal. 
The sun will still shine tomorrow and the rain will still come down, but spring is on the way and so is change.
 Keep smiling and be kind to others and we will all be better for it.

Much love and big hugs to you all

18 comments:

  1. Well said Christina keep safe everyone and keep crafting I know I am I've never had so many projects I want to do and now I've got the time to do them,
    Love to everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sorts of problems at the moment for all of us but we can look forward to all events we have had to cancel once this is all over.In the meantime crafting can keep us busy.Take care +stay safe everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very sweet message - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree Christina, I have a Niece who is a Podiatrist, all her clients are in the isolation bracket and she is so worried about her livelihood, but nothing can be done. The isolation for us is SO MANY things to do.
    Thank you
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post Christina, and very well said, keep safe and carry on crafting, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for words of encouragement during this time of so much negative news. It’s a scary time for all of us but especially those over 65. At 69 with serious underlying health issues, including lung disease, it’s especially worrisome for us and our families who love us. As a Mother, my children are my primary concern. My daughter and her husband are isolating at home because they recently returned from a trip to Mexico and she is having some cold or allergy type symptoms. My son is the owner/operator of a auto repair facility dealing with a slowdown in business. While our state here in the US isn’t under a mandatory isolation order yet, many people are concerned and are delaying repairs to their vehicles until this crisis is over. I don’t know how long he can remain open but his necessary interaction with customers worries me most. As a Mom all I can do is pray we come through this with as little harm as is possible. I am praying for this for our world also.

    God bless you all. Take care of yourself and be safe!
    Sandra Smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your wise words. I am in the vulnerable category and staying indoors. Unfortunately I do not understand Facebook though I know it is of help. Today lovely weather in the South West so mowed my lawn; it took nearly an hour due to health but as it is what I look at when I sit relaxing it is important to me. It is the people I miss. But it is up to us all to help each other...... Love to you Christina , Diana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Christina,
    I hope you are keeping o.k. and it's a shame on Mother's Day that our children and Grandchildren can't give us a kiss and a cuddle along with our card and gift.
    I have to say that I've been spring cleaning a room at a time, 3 done so far, and gardening on other days. At the moment I don't have a spare minute!! One day at a time and then you don't get overwhelmed. We have been in isolation since last Friday as we are both in the high risk group but it's people who are on their own who will feel it the most.
    Congratulations to Barbara on winning the Friday give-away.
    Take care, stay safe and thank you for continuing to "speak" to us.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your comforting words, take care Christina, love to Ruby.
    Rene from OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps. Christine, about your hair which is looking so good, are you still styling it out of that book you told us about, I bought it but have still yet do anything about it. But now if the hairdresser's close I maybe should look at it again!
    Rene from OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in a situation similar to you, Christina, I'm 70 and live alone..although, I don't have kids. I lost my husband 8 years ago. Having a furry companion makes staying alone much easier, doesn't it? You have a dog and I have cats. I pray the restaurants continue to stay open for takeouts. I very rarely cook anymore because i find it hard to cook for just one person, so I do a lot of takeouts. I feel better about it now because I like to think that I'm helping the restaurants and their employees.
    I hope you, as well as everyone else, stays healthy through this difficult time. Stay safe, everyone!
    Sherry Hay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christina, You are 100% right - if we all continue to be a little kinder to each other, smile even when things are tough and it's hard to see the bright side and just generally look out for each other in any small way we can, we will all get through this together and be better for it in the long run. I hope you stay well and happy and with Ruby there, how could you not really, but I know it's not quite the same as having your family there as well. Love to you and all your fans. Deb XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely vlog Christina hope you had a happy Mother’s Day, I too am the same age as you and I too have a grandson who is a chef and has now been laid off. I am one of those people who has lost the motivation and am constantly looking at the news it’s so worrying. I’m going to start today at 9am to watch Joe Wicks the bodycoach on utube who is trying to get the nation exercising. It’s for children but I am going to join in. I have a daughter with underlying conditions who has been isolated for two weeks now and her husband has been FaceTiming us which is so good. Thanks for being here for us Christina you brighten up out day. Take care. Love Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christina, many thanks for those comforting words as a little encouragement in these uncertain times goes a long way. Mothers day was bitter sweet for me as I lost my mum last Monday and along with everything else I am not feeling very good at the moment. Please take care of yourself and stay safe. Hope everyone else stays safe too. Enjoy the extra time to craft.
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Christina. What a lovely post Christina and said from the heart I am sure. And as we are crafters there are all those projects we have all wanted to try but never had the time....well ladies get out your glue...papers ...scissor... Glitter.. Dies...ect ...ect...ect. YOU NOW HAVE TIME. Thankyou for your words Christina. We all look forward to your posts and tutorials. Sending hugs and best wishes to everyone who needs them this morning.Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such encouraging and uplifting words Christina, thank you very much. My craft room is my sanity, have my computer, so I guess I am one of the lucky ones....You too, stay safe, we will come out the other side, it is only a matter of time...I look forward to your daily postings and thank you most sincerely for those....much love, Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the uplifting message!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am making lots of cards saying 'Just a note' or 'Just because' and I will send them to people I would have seen at Church, also lots of Easter cards. And I bought lots of stamps before they went up.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...