Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 15, 2020

More Artwork ...

Hi Everybody,

If you have been with me for sometime then you will know that my husband Griff died in November 2018, and since then this house has been just that ... a house.

But I am now ready to turn it back into a home for Ruby and me and start adding some colour into my safe place again. I have started doing things to it that I have neglected.

The last major job that Griff did was fitting a new kitchen and it is beautiful. I added a video about that after we had painted the long wall Lime Green

And we where both so happy with it once it was done

You may know that I have recently discovered acrylic paint pouring and this is giving me lots to learn and think about and it is something I am enjoying.  Griff would have loved this artwork as he was always so proud of the oil paintings I did at night school back in 1994.  And yes they where still on my walls all these years later.

But now, in one of my bedrooms, I have done a feature wall and added a group of my own paintings and this is what that room looks like now.


I liked it so much that I decided to do a similar thing in the other bedroom.

I tried some canvases on the wall to see what size I wanted.

And then I turned it from this boring cream wall
... to this, which is deep wine red and matches the bed cover and the curtains to perfection.

And as Griffs two daughters bought me a lot of canvases for my birthday last week I have plenty to keep me occupied.

I have lots of ideas and walls to fill yet so I will be showing you some more as I go along


More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

21 comments:

  1. Such a transformation in your bedroom really fantastic and so lovely that you are getting your house back into a cosy home
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paint pouring pictures are fabulous, they’re lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely your paintings look on the wall, Christina, you have truly transformed both bedrooms. xxxx Lyn Nash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings look so beautiful Christina,how lovely to add your personal art to your home too. I have done the same ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous … so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Christina :) The deep wine room and painting colors have always been my favorite since I was a child and, of course, I think this room looks stunning. I love ALL of your paint pourings and think each one is beautiful where you have placed them. I'm glad things are going well for you and Ruby. Hugs. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely decor Christina. Good that you're moving forward.Griff would be proud of you. You have made good use of your birthday presents.🌹xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Christina,
    The new bedroom is so striking and the paint pouring canvases finish it perfectly. As you say, you are giving your happy place a shot of life after a bleak time for you.
    Congratulations to Vivien on the Friday give-away.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that you are making a home for you and Ruby.
    I must add that you are doing a great job at it.
    Much affection
    Christine XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving that you have found peace enough to be creative again and what wonderful results, I've commented on the blue bedroom when you posted it, the red is just GORGEOUS, what a difference it makes to the rooms for you.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you have your Home back. Beautiful. Best of Health and Happiness to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for showing your beautiful artwork. I very much like the colours. I am so pleased you have Ruby for company and to give your love to. Diana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The updates to you home look lovely, the martini painting goes perfectly with the lime green wall! Your paintings are as nice as your cards, glad that you have artistic talent to help you heal from a terribly sad loss. Keep looking ahead while you remember past joy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christina, what a difference to your other bedroom. It has come up beautifully and your paint pouring is marvellous. Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christina
    Love your paint pouring pictures and they have transformed your bedrooms beautifully. You certainly are a talented lady who can turn your hand to anything and make a success of it.
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new wall art is all beautiful and I love the strong colours. Your kitchen looks gorgeous too! I am glad you are now able to embrace your home once more. Take care and stay safe in this current health situation.
    Love Alexis xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors you chose for the walls and your paintings look perfect on them. Great job!
    Sherry Hay

    ReplyDelete
  18. Color always makes me so happy and I hope it will do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Christina, they really look lovely on the walls be you are so proud of them. Love Anne Owens xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work. Must look really sunny in your house now. Love the pink ones.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your Artwork! Griff would be so proud of you, not only because you created these beautiful paintings, but also because you decided to turn that house into a home for you and Ruby.
    Hugs
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...