Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

April 17, 2023

Creating a Plaid Background

,

Hi Everybody,

I always like to get the most from any dies that I already have in my collections and with the special offer that was on Craft Stash of 50% off the Clever Cuts I thought that this was a good time to make my video as another way to use them.  

So for this video I decided to show how I created the Plaid Background and I think it makes a real statement on the card.

For this one I have simply added a text stamp over the top of the ink blending for a really pretty look.

There are other designs in the video and you can play about with colours and the way you lay the stencils down and of course the way you choose to decorate the finished card.

I have chosen different shapes to cut my panels out and the flowers makes them all really special. 
But with darker colours and no flowers they would make excellent masculine cards too.

I have added this to a playlist on YouTube to show you how I created some other backgrounds and they may inspire you to have a go for yourself.

Enjoy the video with your favourite cuppa and maybe a biscuit or three to go with it.
 


Another idea added recently using the same die set from the Clever Cuts Collection was this one and I hope you enjoy this as well.

Two videos for the price of one .....

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

                  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and great ideas on the videos.So many variations. Thanks Christina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Christina. Will look at the videos later today.
    Hoping you are better and have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina,
    Love these cards and the video is so useful! Watching your video has given me a lot of ideas to try. I keep forgetting that you can make a stencil using your cutting dies. Thanks for the reminder.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina
    Wow what a wonderful selection of cards created from backgrounds created by yourself. I love to make my own backgrounds with stencils so will bear this in mind. Thank you so much for sharing your talents
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...