Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

April 03, 2023

Trellis Die Set

 Hi Everybody,

Todays card has again used older dies to create this really pretty look and the finished card is a 5x7", but flat enough to fit into a standard envelope. 

It is a technique I watched Ann Melvin do on her YouTube Channel but she used stamps. I have used my own collection of dies and papers.

This is the Decoupage Delight Trellis 5x7" Die.
 I have also used the Butterfly Trails Paper Pack and I needed two matching sheets.

They are both cut to the exact same size using the same area of the pattern and the top sheet has been cut with the middle Trellis die.

I have cut my foam sheet into thin strips and laid it all along the wrong side of the trellis and then married it up to other piece of the paper.

This raises it up and once added to the other sheet it leaves a beautiful effect of a shadow on the paper underneath.

This photo shows you what it looks like from the side with the addition of the foam.

It is an easy look to achieve and the results look so good, and I will certainly be trying this again in the future.

It is always good to get more use from older dies after all they cost you money and they are sitting in your personal stash just waiting to be used again to make many more beautiful designs.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see a post from you today Christina. I hope that means that you are feeling much improved. Take care and hope you are fully well soon.
    cheers Marie Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Christina.Sorry you have been feeling rough. I hope you're feeling better today. Stay warm and rest.Love and a virtual hug! Good that I cant catch your bugs from virtual hug. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched her video and thought it was a clever idea. Your card is so pretty and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, very pretty. I hope you’re feeling better now.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a very pretty card Christina. I also saw Ann’s tutorial and have made a card using this technique with a background of quite busy patterned paper, the effect was lovely.
    Best wishes
    Samantha Dawkins

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - I'm trying out this technique too. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful older card Christina. As soon I have cleared a space on
    my desk from making my last card I will have a look at my older dies
    and stamps. Hope you are feeling better today. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Evening Christina. A lovely card. I love the trellis work on this one. It's lovely to get the older dies out again. I used an older set myself this week and one that I thank you for. The set was a Sue Wilson Fancy Grand Oval set that had been retired. I remember emailing you to see if you knew where I could get one. And lo and behold you let me have yours as you were having a sale at the time. I was over the moon with my purchase. I think of you every time I use it. Thankyou Christina. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏.Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, Christina. I have to watch the video you recommended.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...