Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

April 25, 2023

Letterpress Technique

Hi Everybody,

This pretty card is created with an Altenew 3-D embossing folder and the impression that these folders give is very deep.

For this card I have inked up one side of the folder in a Distress Oxide Ink and then spritzed it with a little water to make the ink run.

I then ran it through my machine and the ink is squashed into the design. Once I left it to dry this was the result.

I added the Hello sentiment in black card that has been stacked up three layers deep.

I layered the white panel onto some pink card and then added it to a white base card.

Because this card is only leaves then in a different colour it would make a really good male card.

For the blue one shown I have inked up the other side of the folder for a different kind of effect

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

10 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Christina. Will have to give this technique a try .
    Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is just gorgeous…must have a try at this with the spritzer..I have tried doing it after but this is a much softer effect…love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but so effective way to create two lovely cards. Thanks for sharing, Christina.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont have any 3D embossing folders but guess I will have to try this ! beautiful cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty. For me less is always best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two stunning cards Christina. The embossing folders are beautiful
    and what a deep impression, just wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are lovely!
    Christine
    Ontario Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina
    These both have the wow factor. I have never been very successful with this technique so will just have to keep practicing
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather Whitman26 April 2023 at 17:04

    I love this! Now I have to get 3D folders just to try this technique. lol Thanks for sharing this, Christina! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...