Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 09, 2012

Faux Stitching

Many times I want my card with just that little bit of something on it ... and that is a strange statement coming from me as I like to throw anything and everything on my creations.

But maybe just the look of some stitching can be all that is needed and you don't need a sewing machine to get the look.

Around the edge of this card the  Faux Stitching has been created with a white Sakura pen.

These are all the same length but you can vary the length and the style of them with the flick of your pen.

Add Zig-zag stitches for another look especially good if you want to give the look of quilting squares that have been joined together.



And if you  pierce the paper as well then it will take on the look of real stictching even more.

But what ever you do with them as a finishing touch to your designs have fun ... it's all part of doodling and seeing what you can create.


Hugs Christina xx

4 comments:

  1. If you hadn't said so I would have never known that these weren't real stitches, brilliant! I never thought of piercing holes to give a more genuine look. Your card is amazing!!! I am in love with the colors! who wouldn't love that little girl and how creative to put her in front of the scene! Just love it , everything about it, you really outdid yourself here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the faux stitching look with punched holes. I can get the holes straight, but my "stitching" is always a little wobbly.... {sigh} You must have a very steady hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would you like oot be in a card design team for a community Creations Etc.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...