Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 05, 2012

Lets try some Faux Effects...

Last month on the Blog I mentioned  Creating Clouds  as a background to your cards ... well over the next few days I would like to cover some more Faux effects that can give another look to your designs.

There are lot of them around and they are techniques that have been used for a long time. But maybe some of them are new to you and you would like to give them a try.  There is no right or wrong way to do these and I am no expert ...this is just the way I do it and it is very easy.




This is the  Faux Tile Effects  and it can just be seen in the backgound.  It gives the look of tiling and is done with clear embossing powder. Click the link for a more detailed explanation on what to do.



It has a very pretty look and will suit cards for any occasion ...male or female so no problems there.

Tomorrow I will add another effect that you may want to try... and I hope you will tell me what you think of the effect if you give it a try.

Hugs Christina xx

2 comments:

  1. Christina these are fab I have looked at your blog and I love the way you craft like your style .I'm your newest follower.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this effect Christina , i have been using my stamps and embossing powder more these last few weeks and might have to have a go at this .......

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...