Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 27, 2012

Less Postage More Style...

I love to make cards with lots of flowers and ribbons on them which often means I have to also make a box to give the card in because of the height invloved.

But what happens if you want to post the card and the cost is too much.... Well! the simple answer is... make it flatter.

That doesn't mean that you have to lose the style, and the card can be just as pretty without the height that
the flowers give.

Cards for Posting is the latest video to be added to the website and is about creating a card that will go easily into an ordinary envelope without compromising on style.

It also covers making the card free standing which will also keep the cost down as it doesn't need an added insert.

The added pink gemstone   "Bling" is from  Want2Scrap 

And the character is from Candy Doodles CD from Polka Doodles and I have coloured her in with Promarkers.

There's not a flower in sight but I had to add the ribbons ... and I still think it is a pretty card.

Hugs Christina xx

5 comments:

  1. I,ve watched the vid Christina and I am going to have a go at this one today. Thanksxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the video a couple of days ago on YouTube and thoroughly enjoyed the temporary departure from your normally heavily layered cards. I'm amazed how many times I say "wow, that made it just perfect" after you've added something, only to have you go on and add more bits and bobs to make it even lovelier. ;-) Your cards and videos never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Christina, I love this card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina I must sound like a broken record but Holy Frigoli this card is awesome and how practical! I have been looking for a solution to this, I will have to practice , I don't know if I made too many cards without height only the last one I did with masking.
    You did it again!!!! I promise I will watch the video tomorrow, I have to now to know what I will be doing!!!
    My computer crashed this evening! I fixed it though using Michael's computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, I'm going to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...