Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 30, 2023

Black Group

 Hi Everybody,

I have been known to create black cards in the past but they have usually been sympathy cards.

But for todays group I have chosen the black and used up all the spare die cuts that I had on my desk. Some of them are from projects done quite some time ago.

For some of them I have added in handmade foamiran flowers and for others I have used some stamped and some just die cut.

This is the one with the die cut flowers and they are in cream and gold.

I will link as many of the products that I have used at the bottom of the page and if you have them then maybe you would be inspired to get them out again.

Each one of the cards has a panel that has been embossed in a folder for added texture but it doesn't show up very well on the photos.

They are all different sizes and orientations too as I had all the card bases ready folded so it made sense to use up what I had done.

For this card I used Broken China to add the cloudy look to portions of the background, over the embossing, with a small brush so the colour wouldn't be too deep.

I do quite like them all but this one with the three flowers on it is my favourite. 

They are created from Foamiran with extra inking on the petals and of course the added glitter.

Hope you like at least some of them 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

14 comments:

  1. Love all the cards. The black background makes the flowers etc really stand out-stunning.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Christina. What a beautiful array of cards. I would never have thought of this. Everyone is lovely. And you have started me off now . Can't wait to get in my little craft space later.. Thankyou Christina. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏 everyone
    Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Christina, they look so classy in the black. Love Anne Owens xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina
    These cards are all beautiful and really make a statement. You have some wonderful ideas. Take care
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Christina. I’ve always liked the black backgrounds makes the toppers stand out.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, these cards look amazing. I too usually only makes black for sympathy cards so it's nice
    to see what else one can do with black.
    Congratulations Anne for getting the Friday magazine. I've got it but haven't done the colouring in yet,
    scared I will make a blob of it all 😏 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all fabulous Christina I have never made a black card but I think I will now, thanks for sharing 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, they are stunning, Christina. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How different & really nice with lots of ideas to try, I love the colours they all look striking & I shall be getting my own black card out & having a go. Thank you Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Different and lovely - look classy !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! The black & gold is my fave. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I am attracted to the gold and cream flower one.
    Christine from Ontario Canada

    ReplyDelete
  13. they are beautiful, all the goodies pop off that black so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards Christina. I tend to use black card bases for mens cards but these are so lovely I’ll now think feminine. Thank you
    Betty McAlister

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...