Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 11, 2023

Embossing Folder & White Ink

Hi Everybody,

This pretty card is so easy to make and uses just an ordinary embossing folder and some white ink.

The folder I used for this card is the Perfect Roses from Card Making Magic

I embossed the design onto some pale blue card and then carefully went over the raised areas with the white ink.

I use a small brayer for this as that only caught the top most areas with the white ink and made them stand out against the blue.

Once the ink was dry I trimmed the panel down to layer onto some more of the blue card and then made the whole lot fit a 6x6 white card base.

The panels were wrapped with blue parchment before being added to the base and the sentiment verse was added to another pale blue panel and then added with foam pads to the side. 

The blooms are from my large stash of flowers and I used white leaves to accompany these. They have all been dotted with glue and sprinkled with glitter.

This couldn't be easier to create and you can use any folder that you have in your own collections.  Using the brayer helps with the placement of the white ink much better than a brush of blending tool.
You could use stamped floral images, foamiran flowers or bought Mulberry ones as I have here.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, I just love this card, I like the embossing with the pale blue and the white tips on the leaves really lovely, your flowers are always gorgeous just another beautiful card thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Christina, love the colours. Love Anne Owens xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Christina, love the effect you have achieved with the embossing folder and ink.
    Regards
    Samantha Dawkins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, beautiful colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Christina - I love the effect of the white ink on the embossing - such a çlassy' look to the card, a beautiful embossing folder too. Thank you. Ethne Gloss

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...