Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

November 29, 2023

Laminated background

Hi Everybody,

Todays card has a background that has been created with a laminating pouch, alcohol markers and some gilding flakes.

It was very easy to do and the result is lovely and rich looking.

I opened the pouch, which I got really cheap from Lidl, and scribbled alcohol markers onto one side of it and spritzed it with a little Isopropyl to make the colours run.

Then I added some gilding flakes to the mix and closed the pouch. After running it through the laminator this was what I ended up with and it is an A5 size. Just a perfect size for my card. I added some glue to the parts that wouldn't show and adhered it to a white base card

I used the Nested Oval Fancy Frames die and gold mirror card for he centre and added toning flowers and leaves to the edge of the frame.

The "Best Wishes" is from the Special Words die set and I cut the shadow in parchment to make it stand out more on the busy background. 

The flowers are from my stash and they have been sparkled with some fine glitter and there is the addition of two tiny black organza butterflies near each group of flowers. I also used pink pearls for the inside of two of the flowers

Hope you like 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea, how do you come up with these....must give it a try, thank you Christina, luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely results and innovative technique.
    Christine Ontario Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a neat technique and it came out so pretty, love the gold touches with it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Beautiful card Christina, a lovely idea. Love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...