Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

July 11, 2024

Birthday Cards

Hi Everybody,

Birthday Cards are my most regular makes for family, friends or simply to donate to the charity shop. And I make loads of them in the course of a month.

These are just some that I have made over the past few months and all these feature apertures in them with a bright and beautiful background.

They have all been teamed with a bright gold mirror card and butterflies are used on all of them. The season of butterflies is upon us and so why not use them in your designs.

They are something I use a lot ... along with leaves, flowers, hearts and feathers ... all of which make a beautiful additions to your creations

This card has a really delicate sentiment stamped onto the front of it with my favourite Rose Flourish leaves added behind.

For this card I have used a vertical sentiment to compliment the vertical aperture.

Again I have used gold mirror card to cut the leaves and the butterfly,  plus I have added them all to parchment.

Then I backed the sentiment onto a gold panel as well.

These cards are all 5x7 with the fold at the top,  to create a tent fold card that will stand better on it's own.

And despite having the butterflies that are reasonable flat and will fir into  standard sized envelope for posting.

This card has been created using desktop finds of the gold card and added to the design.

This sentiment is cut from a die, but the others are stamped from older Card Making Magic sets that you may have as well.

I particularly like the vertical stamps as they make a change to the way I add my greetings.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx


10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina. Another set of really lovely cards . Ohhh you must have some patience to produce so many cards. It seems to take me ages to get going. But I love the end products every time. I would love to come and spend a day crafting with you. Thankyou Christina for everything. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful with the gold just love all of them 💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous, I think the gold takes them to another level, you have inspired me I shall have a go over the weekend and see if I can get something as special, thank you for all the time you put in and for sharing your great ideas. Doris

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of those cards are so beautiful!
    Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely cards, Christina. I'm really having a hard time picking a favorite, but I think I'll go with the vertical sentiment because 1) it's unusual and 2) I like the really colorful background which is so spring/summery. I think I will try to make something like this over the weekend. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Christina. You have inspired me to give my butterfly dies an airing.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these Christina and agree that the vertical sentiment is so effective there - and I have that one. The rays under the last butterfly is stunning too. Kind regards Ethne Gloss

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all lovely, I usre love the touch of the gold mirror card with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I like your colour choices and your design.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...