Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

July 03, 2024

Inked Background

Hi Everybody,

For today's card I have used a background that I have created with inks and then cut into a smaller panel that has been framed with a stitched white card.

I have added this to an embossed panel and the finished card is an A6 size and is reasonable thin to go into an envelope for posting.

The blue gemstones have been added in random areas and the sentiment has been cut from the same inky background.

I used silver mirror card to cut the leaves and added them to a white base layer.

Looking back at the card now I would do the butterfly differently because I have cut it from the same inked card and it does not show up in the design.

So I decided to swap it out for one that would stand out more on the card .

Everything else is the same just the central focal point and I think this looks much better than with the blue one that was there before.

This is fast becoming my most favourite butterfly die and it is one I am using such a lot just lately.

What do you think ??? Was I right to swap it out ??

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx


 
 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card again Christina. I agree you did the right thing changing the colour of butterfly.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina, I agree with you that you were right to swap the butterfly.
    Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the style of those cards!
    Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina! I love these cards! You're a magician! The second one with the butterfly that is more prominent is my fave. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...