Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

July 08, 2024

Make the most of Acetate

Hi Everybody,

Over the years I have used Acetate in many different ways and it makes whatever you add to the card appear as if it is floating. 

It is an excellent materials for adding to boxes either as a complete lid or simply to line the top of the lid to display the beautiful card inside. 

I have even made complete small boxes and filled them with sweets for children.

Or you could make the ever popular shaker cards too.

But  I really like the look of card bases made from the thicker acetate that can be bought, and it can be frosted, embossed or left clear which ever you please

Here is the link to the video on YouTube for you to view ... Make The Most Of Acetate

I am now adding the links direct to YouTube as that will increase my viewing on that channel and I would appreciate it if you would click the link to go there and leave a comment,

The top card is left clear but the pink one has a frosted back to it and it does make such a difference.

But if you do use acetate don't make the same mistake I did.       Stupid me !!!!

 I did not remove the protective covering from the sheet and I was not happy with the look at all.

Then I realised what I had done and had a good laugh at myself,  and once that layer was peeled off I had a lovely bright acetate base to adorn and I was very relieved.

It is a very versatile product to work with and try some of the patterned or coloured sheets that are on the market for yet more ways to make your cards look different.

For the card to the right I have used an embossing folder.

I simply ran the folded card base though the machine and then removed the protective layer after.

You could also achieve another look by sanding the embossing 

More tomorrow ..,

Hugs xx< 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Christina. I haven’t used acetate will watch video later
    Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards Christina 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful examples!
    Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...