Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

July 29, 2024

Everyday Items - Hole Punch Dots

Hi Everybody,

It is no secret that I love to add embellishments to my cards, whatever it is ... Flowers, Ribbons or Pearls !!

This is something that I have enjoyed doing for a long time and I know that to some people I add too much, but to me more is more.

I like the look of small pearls or enamel dots but they can get a little expensive and so I make my own.

I have in the past made them from coloured glues or the little jars of Nuvo Drops and allowed them to dry before transferring them to my cards.

And I did  a video called Create Your Own Pearls and flourishes about twelve years ago, and boy have I come a long way since that video.

It looks so old now and my cards are much better than they where back then 

I have even made the dots from wax seals in the past and left them to dry, and then added them to my designs.

But this one is so easy and uses up scraps of any kind of card that you have left over. 

You could use a die if you have one that cuts out the holes for you but the hole punch is so cheap to buy and is something that some people already have in their home office. 

Here is the video so please click the link and go to YouTube to view.
Hole Punch Dots

Please leave me a comment both here on the blog so that I know you have visited me, and on YouTube so that they know you enjoy the videos I upload. Thank you xxx

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Christina, Two lovely cards. I remember trying to make dew drops
    etc but could never get them right so to punch them out should be so
    much quicker and no mishaps 😊 Hope you enjoy the nice summer we
    got in the end 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Christina.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I found your videos about 10 years ago, loved the lace and dimension. My card making has evolved over the years and your videos have absolutely helped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminders about handmade pearls & decorations, Christina. Your shares are always welcome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to use these when mailing cards, gives it a little extra without paying extra postage. I use Nuvo crystal glaze instead of the glossy accents though, it seems to work better for me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...