Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 16, 2023

Napkin Cards ...

Hi Everybody,

This is a technique that is not new and there are many video tutorials on YouTube that can show you. I have done no stamping, stencilling or colouring for any of these cards.

It is simply using a floral Napkin to produce the cards and I am very happy with the results. Is this something you have tried??

I will be doing it again but when I went to get another napkin, so that I could film the process,  I was saddened to find that this had been the last one.

The ones I have used are from Ikea but I will be going to the shops to look for other patterns that can be also be used for this idea.

So what did I do ?? Well I am going to cover this in a video of my own, so I won't be too explicit here but I will show you three of the cards that I got from one napkin.

The top card is a 5x7 and I have backed it onto some dark green card and then embossed the top white layer.

The card to the left is a long DL card and the background has also been embossed in my Flourish Folder and added to another coloured panel leaving a small border

The sentiment is from a pack of strip sentiments and the flowers have been fussy cut out and added to the panel with foam pads behind them

Nothing else has been added, as the flowers offer enough decoration on their own but the embossed background to all the cards just stops it from being too flat.


This card is an A6 and I have added my raised flowers to a silver foiled back panel and it looks very rich.

From this one Napkin I managed to get six cards and the occasions are mixed so they can cover anything really.

But this was a quick and easy way to get some lovely cards and, apart from a bit of gluing and fussy cutting it, took very little effort on my part.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

 

6 comments:

  1. Who would of thought napkins look so good as your cards do absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards I will be very interested in watching your video xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the cards are lovely. Looking forward to seeing your video.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are beautiful and there are so many wonderful napkins out there, I have tried this a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Christina can’t wait to see the video, love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina,
    If you hadn't told us, I wouldn't have known that you used napkins to create these three lovely cards. I can't wait to see the video.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...