Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 24, 2023

Altenew Flower Cards

Hi Everybody,

All three of these cards featured today are using a die and  layering stencil from Altenew. It is the Bitterroot Flower die set 

I have altered the look by colouring them in different colours and adding them to a different background each time.

This first one has simply been coloured with the stencil direct to card and then that has been layered onto oink mats and a base card of a deeper shade of pink. 

I used the Card Making Magic Torn Edges die set for the layers.

The gingham ribbon has been wrapped around the top two layers before adding it to the base card, and the sentiment is from another Altenew stamp set that has also been added direct to the card.

This card has been coloured with purple and lilac inks and added with foam pads to a die cut shape.

The dotty card background has been trimmed to fit an A6 base with just a small border around the edge. 

The card itself is from Anna Marie Designs  and can be seen in this pack from their website. The white die cut is a really old Spellbinders die

You could of course stencil extra flowers or leaves and add them to your card as well to fill out our display even further.

When doing this colouring I find it easier to die cut the shape out first and then stencil the die cut turning the stencil as I need it.

For the card to the right I have created one of my Plaid backgrounds, and the video for that is here

I also used an Alcohol marker and a ruler to highlight the edges which gives the appearance of the card being layered.

This way of giving the layered look saves on postage costs if that is something that you ned to consider.

I thing all three look really pretty whichever colourway you use but the plaid one has to be my favourite

And they have all been dressed up with either pearls or sequins 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely Fab I love these the colours are great very nice. Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the checks combined with the florals. They are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...