Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 10, 2023

Adding Decoration ...

Hi Everybody,

Sometime ago I used to make decorative hatpins and add them to my cards. They were very popular and I also sold many in my Etsy shop.

I also made a video on the making of these pins but it really needs up dating now

But I stopped doing a lot of things when Griff died and this was one of them and so I had quite a few of these pins left over.

This week in my clear out I found some that I had made and I decided to add them to my cards again.

Although you may have seen some of these cards before, I am showing them again now that I have added the hatpins to them.

The pins are all nestled into the flowers on the cards and some of them have the safety cap added for protection.

Others I have had to re glue in place and so the sharp end is covered by the glue.

I have colour matched the hatpins to the flowers and they do look really pretty .

What do you think ? Is this your kind of thing or not ?


I like to add all sorts of embellishments to my designs and so these really are my style

I know that my cards are too fussy for some people but many many more like them and that is what keeps me going.

I love the flowery feminine feel to them and the pins just add that little extra.

I have so many beads and silver accessories that I will be making some more and adding them to future cards.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx 




 

7 comments:

  1. I love your cards, I tend to make much more simple card but that doesn’t stop me appreciating different style cards.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really beautiful Christina I love your style I will have to check out the video on how to make them xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I still make them today and add them to special cards…luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart dropped when I saw the first card. These are the Christina’s cards. Those are the cards that made me follow you all these years. You have such a gift at flower arrangements on cards. Thank you for sharing
    Christine from Ontario Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember making them years ago Christina, I think you did a tutorial of them I still have them all I will have to dig them out and start adding them to my cards. Love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are stunning Christina you have inspired me once again. Love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are stunning, love the fancy dies!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...