Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 08, 2023

Wax Seal Shapes On Cards

Hi Everybody,

Many years ago I did some Air Dry Clay modelling and made loads of things for home décor. 

I bought some decorative molds to use with the clay and I enjoyed playing with them. But they have now sat in a cupboard for quite some time and never ben used.

So I thought it may be a good idea to see if they could be used with the wax melts beads that I have got and the answer is YES !!! they do.

I  used the Angel Wings mold and I was very pleased with the result. And I thought of lots of ways in which I could use them on my cards.

They make a beautiful addition to a new baby card as they are surely angels come back to earth.
I made some in pink and even more in a blue for a baby boy.

You can of course make them any colour you would like, and the silicone mold is so cheap to buy. It will last you for ever.

I did get some molds at the time that would make little picture frames and corners that could be added to a card but I have yet to find them.

They are in a tin somewhere ... I just don't know where ... yet !!







I also thought that the wings could be used to effect on a sympathy card and I kept the colours very muted for this one.

It is a DL card and I have embossed the background then matted and layered the white and navy blue togehter.

I know we don't like to make sympathy cards but at least this one is pretty as well as practical.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx



4 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea, I too have the clay moulds and loads made, never used, now you have inspired me...thank you...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these cards - so pretty and "different" xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Christina. Three beautiful cards for inspiration. I don’t have the wax melts and equipment but it was interesting to see your video thank you.
    Betty McAlister

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that tutorial Christina and the beautiful cards you made with them. Love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...