Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 12, 2024

Bokeh Effect

Hi Everybody,

Todays little card is created with the Bokeh Effect on the front panel and there are many different ways to obtain this look.

It is a Japanese word often used in photography and it means blurred. 

This effect is that the back ground looks blurred, like the lighting in a photograph that is taken from a distance and it is not focused correctly.

I have created mine with Distress Oxides, and a large finger dauber and stencil but you can use anything that you have in your crafty stash.

It us another easy way to make individual and unique backgrounds for your design and is far more satisfying than buying more papers.

The sentiment is one of a set that I got from Amazon and is one I reach for often.
The top is cut in a blue to math the pattern and the base is silver.
The panel has also been mounted onto a blue mat 

This is a video I did on the technique some time ago and in that one I used water colour paints.

 I thought it appropriate to add it again here

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx 

3 comments:

  1. Loved yesterday's card and again you have made a fabulous card with techniques that are so pretty. Will try them both when back from a long weekend seeing our son in Santander, another one lives in Lisbon 🫤🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this effect. I should give this a go, it gives a soft hazy look . Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely effect and one I had forgotten about :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...