Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 09, 2024

Pocket Card & Variations

 Hi Everybody,

Today I am starting a new min series and I am re-visiting some old videos in the process.
I am going to make cards from one basic shape and give the old videos  a new lease of life.

Pocket Card
I have not bought anything extra, I have just used things that I already have in my crafting stash.

I have used the same die set throughout for my decorations and it was released a long time ago from my Nested Circles Collection 

The first picture is a complete pocket card and the video will show you how to get this look.


You could also simply leave the flaps loose and decorate the inside with the detailed layer if you prefer. Thus giving you two variations to use 

Side Fold Card




These next two cards are with the fold at the side, and it could be on either side.

I have used the die cut as a detailed lacey layer  that you can see through...










Top Fold Card

... and this one has the fold at the top using the detailed layer at the bottom to hold the card upright.

I have used a 300 gsm card, but if yours is lower than that the you may need to glue two detailed layers together for the strength to hold the card base upright.

This gives you three more variations on the theme to add to your arsenal.





This lilac card has the two flaps going in opposite directions but the card will still stand on its own.




For this I have cut the largest die to create a base, and I have added that behind the detailed layer,  to give this layer a more solid look.

But whichever way you decide to do this it will give you a really pretty card to send to your recipient, male or female and what ever the occasion. 

I hope you enjoy the video 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful folded cards and love the pretty style of the die cuts too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...