Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 30, 2024

Easel Card - three ways ...

Hi Everybody, 

Easel Cards
are such an easy style to make and yet can give some beautiful results.
It was one of the first things I tried when I was new to card making and I did videos on all the variations over the years.

But I thought would be good to re-visit as there are always new people starting this hobby and they don't know how to do it.

I am also staying with my  personal challenge of using old stuff and so saving money on buying stuff I won't use.

All of these card have used a 300 gsm smooth white card and I have coloured it my self with Distress Oxides that I already have.

You can try this with anything that you already have too and some of the things I use are so old they may no longer be available to purchase. 

In the video there are three styles for you to try and over the next few videos I will be covering others.

They will be getting a little more intricate each time, though none of them are difficult

I have used shaped nesting dies and do if you have some of those then you are on your way.

Click the link above to the video and it will open a new window for you to view on YouTube.

It is a little longer then normal but I do cover three styles and the creating of the background too so I hope you will enjoy it just the same



The backgrounds are all created the same way just different colour schemes and this is such an enjoyable process that I will never buy coloured paper again

Experiment with your inks to see which colours look good together.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx







1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards Christina. Enjoyed video will have a go at making my own backgrounds. I haven’t made an easel card in ages, so will have to remedy that. Thanks for inspiration
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...