Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 04, 2024

Colouring Acetate

Hi Everybody,

Todays card has a background created on Deli Paper, as I did in yesterdays cards,  but this one has a fussy cut flower added to the front and that has been done on acetate.

I stamped the image with Versamark on to the acetate and and then heat embossed it with white powder. You will need a heat proof acetate for this as an ordinary one with shrivel in the heat,

Ink smudges very easily on acetate and it is difficult to get it to stamp properly with some inks. The Versamark worked really well for my design

Stazon is another answer as it is permanent on any non porous surface and gives a lovely clear image. It comes in many colours and has refills that you can buy at the same time 

Just be mindful that your stamp could slip on the acetate surface and needs extra care

I used alcohol inks to colour this image and I coloured them from the wrong side.
This gives you a diffused look once you view it from the correct side again.
I fussy cut the image out once the colouring was dry and I added it to my card. with glue dots in strategic places  

The butterfly was cut from silver card for the detail and parchment for the backing and I kept the wings loose sot hat they can be raised up a little to give the appearance of fluttering on the panel.
The sentiment is also cut in silver

It turned out to be a bright and petty card and once again used up things that I had made from previous crafting sessions and so wasting nothing.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx 

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina . Another lovely card and another lovely technique to drool over. I love these colours. Although the acetate always seems to get the better of me. I will keep trying though. Thankyou Christina. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏 Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina, I love the card you have created today love the colours absolutely beautiful. Love Anne Owens❤️

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...