Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 03, 2024

Jewel Colours

Hi Everybody,

These beautiful cards are created in jewel colours from my alcohol inks but this time they are done on Deli Paper.

This is a thin kind of paper that is a greaseproof on one side and absorbent on the other.  It is what your food is  sometimes wrapped in you go to the takeaway to buy it.

I got mine from Amazon and it was really inexpensive. 
It does a lovely job and the colours are gorgeous. 

Some one asked me if tissue paper could be used instead and I find tissue paper is too thin and it tears very easily when exposed to moisture.

The Deli Paper is much stronger and yet still can be torn along the sides to add to your card. If you have greaseproof paper in your kitchen then give it a try. 

I have hand torn both of these cards and if you tear the paper towards you, with the colour facing you,  then you will get the white edge to the paper that looks pretty.

It die cuts beautiful too and can be added to your cards, scrapbook pages of journals.

On the top card I have gold heat embossed some butterflies and  I have used coloured inks to add the dots to the panel.

The bottom card has been crinkled up and then I lightly rubbed gold gilding wax added to the top of the creases.

I dressed both cards with gold butterflies and Happy Birthday sentiments, and both are 5x7 top folded card bases 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina. Ooooooo I like these cards the colours are lovely. I have had a look at this deli paper. Just now. I am interested to have a go. But don't want to go to expense if other material a can be used ... can we use greaseproof paper. I would like to try this out. Here you go again. Filling my head with totally new stuff. He he. Thankyou Christina. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are stunning, love the bright colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards Christina so pretty. Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina. Wonderful cards and the colours are stunning, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors and I love the gold with them!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...