Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 15, 2024

Butterfly Cards

HI Everybody,

My apologies but there is no Friday Freebie this week instead I have used these butterflies and added them to backgrounds that are all circles but created in different ways to create some really clean and simple pretty cards.

This one has an inked backdrop to a lovely piece of embossed and glittery acetate that has ben cut with a circular die. I have had the acetate for years and I got it at a craft show

I have used small foam pads in strategic areas to add this to another panel that I have hand drawn around the edges.

This has had Thank You stamped at the bottom in black ink and then all of it added to a card base card with foam pads.


The butterflies have all been cut from 300gsm white card and adhered to a piece of parchment.

This has then been glued to the  centre of the circles along the body line only.

The card to the left has again got an inked circle but to the top of this I have used a stencil to add darker colour. 

This butterfly as been coloured with the same Blue Print Sketch ink.

This one has been turned into a birthday card using a stamp that was free with a magazine.

For this card I have cut a circle from the Fleur Card from Anna Marie Designs and add it to slightly larger piece of peach card.

I have hand drawn around the edge of the circle and the card for decoration and this is also a Birthday Card.

All the butterflies have the addition of pearl flourishes added to the body line and to crate the butterfly trail onto the card itself.

All the cards are an A6 size and will fit into s standard envelope 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx


8 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina. Ohhh what lovely butterfly cards this morning. I love butterfly cards. And I have lots of different dies . I must use them more often though. Thankyou for giving us different ideas on how to use them in your post. . Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards with nice backgrounds. I think most people like cards with butterflies.
    Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful butterfly cards Christina. I love them. Have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Christina. I think the first is my favourite.
    Bejay in Truro xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like butterflies and flowers to add that finishing touch to a card, these are beautiful Christina....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards Christina, and great inspiration. Love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are beautiful. i got worried when i first put in the blog location it came up not found. used a different search engine and found you. have a great week. c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous variations with the same delightful butterfly.
    Have a great week.
    MarieQ

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...