Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 11, 2024

Using your Washi Tape

 Hi Everybody,

Washi Tape is not something I use a lot of but I do have a good few rolls in my stash and so I thought that a little playtime to use some of it up was a good idea.

This card is an A6 and I have added the Washi in strips across an extra panel that will be attached to my base. The large sentiment is one I have had for many years and I added that in black.

The butterfly is from my own Layered Butterflies Collection and that has been cut in white and layered onto a parchment backing. 

I have added flat back pearls to the body line and left the wings free from the card for a pretty floating effect.

This card has used all different sized pieces added randomly an extra card panel and to make sure they are all stuck down I have run this through the die cutting machine.

The sentiment for this is another I have had for years and it is from Creative Expressions and that has also been cut in black.

I have added the words with foam pads under them and also under each of the individual letters to raise then all up.

The butterfly is once again cut in white and added to a parchment backing. This card is a5x7 and both have the folds at the top so they stand in tent fold.
This  6x6 card has had the Washi added in strips to a piece of Acetate, with a small gap between each strip, and cut out with a heart die.

Then under each of the strips I have added  thin strips of foam to raise the heart up. This makes the acetate heart look as if it is floating.

The panel it is added to is irked and embossed in a folder. The word is the same as the first card as is the butterfly, which has black pearls added to the bodyline.

Even though they are all pink they look different because of the size and layout of the Washi Tapes, and each one is pretty card that is ready to send.

I am adding a video to show you how I got the
Acetate Look for my cards.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

1 comment:

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...