Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 27, 2024

Inked Embossing Folder

Hi Everybody,
 
This pretty card is done with an embossing folder and I showed you some of the others  a few days ago. 

I added a video to Craft Stash that shows a slightly different variation to this one.

But in this video I show you that you can use any embossing folder that you have and any water colours that will blend together. 

This card has been created with Brushos and a little parchment to diffuse the background

I also used any card that I had to add the colours too, and any black ink in my stash. 

I always have the gold wax, flowers and parchment on hand but you can leave them out if you prefer.



On this card to the left I have added in a light dusting of the wax and the butterflies are cut from gold card.

It gives such a pretty look and it will be different each time you do it.

You could also try a colour other than black to the infill and that would give you another look to your designs. 

It really is playtime with this technique and you are sure to enjoy the process.

For the card to the right I used pinks and purples to create the base and then added Villainous Potion to the embossing folder for the other colour.

I highlighted the design in gold gilding wax with my fingers and added the decoupaged flower and leaf to the card with foam tape.

I hope you enjoy the video and be sure to let me know if you try this for yourself.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina. What beautiful cards you have been showing us . I love them all especially the lace stamped one. I really want to watch this video but alas this morning is shopping day . So I will have to watch this one later this afternoon. But as always a big Thankyou for every thing you show us. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏.Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card in the video with the black roses was my favorite. I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for sharing.....Sherry Hay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they are all beautiful, pretty soft background and like the effect with the embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love this technique....thank you Christina...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...