Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 19, 2024

Sympathy Card

Hi Everybody,

I know we don't like to make this type of card but sometimes a Sympathy card is the only thing that is needed. 

This very elegant card is created with the Elastic Band Technique that I shared with you yesterday and it is perfect.

It is not to colourful and over powering and yet the background does a lot to make the card impressive, and it is very easy to do  

For this card I have used black card and brushed over it with anti static. In my case I use talcum powder as it has the same effect as the more expensive powder but this makes my card smell lovely.

I then sprinkled it with silver embossing powder and gently heated it.  The result is really pretty and the silver sentiment and leaves echo the colour.

I added them to a piece of parchment just to make them stand out a little more but it doesn’t detract from the card design..

The card is elegant and suits the occasion well 

More tomorrow …

Hugs xx


 

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina. I love this elastic band tutorial. I have never heard of or seen this technique. But I love the effect. I would love to try this out. Can you tell me what size your brayer is please that you used in the video. I have never used a brayer before so never had the need to buy one. We are lucky to have a Fred Aldous Art and Craft store here in Leeds who I think might sell them, Ohhh and of course the elastic bands.Thankyou Christina. I really loved today's cards. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏.Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this technique Christina and the cards are stunning . Love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...