Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 18, 2024

Everyday Items - Elastic Bands

Hi Everybody,

Do you have lots of elastic bands lying bout round your home?? I know I do and I use them in  lots of different ways. 

But I found this pack of really cheap bands in my drawer and so I thought I would put them to some good use.

I created some backgrounds to use on my cards and these are really pretty, and depending on the colours you choose they can be used for make or female cards.

I had so much fun creating these and I tried it with every colour of embossing powder that I have. Some I liked more than others  and those I made into cards.

Use your dies to cut the card base into different shapes and add layers to accentuate the patterns you create.

This circular card has several layers in pink and silver and the embossing on this was done with pink embossing powder for a more subtle look.

You may not like to add flowers to your cards so if that is the case then leave them clear. 

The actual technique will create lots of interest on your designs just as it is. 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Christina, can’t watch the video tho says it’s private. Love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry ... now sorted please try again Cxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks Christina x Anne

      Delete
    3. Wow Christina these cards are so pretty and really beautiful I love them, thank you for showing me how to do it. Love Anne Owens x

      Delete
  2. That is a neat idea, I have seen using the rubber bands before but how they did it was put the bands over a clear stamping block and then they applied ink to the bands and then stamped the background, I like how your way gives a bit of texture, pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting technique. Thank you for sharing.
    Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...