Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 20, 2024

Parchment & Gelli Plate

 Hi Everybody,     

I am still with the parchment theme and this time I have dragged out my Gelli Plate. 

I haven't used this much and so I am relatively new to it but I thought I would give it a go with some of my parchment and I am quite happy with the results.

The top card has had some stripes torn from the coloured parchment and I used a large silver flourish that I had on my desktop.

The video 
Parchment & Gelli Plate  
will show you how I got the look and maybe you would like to try it also.
I always use a heavier weight parchment as it stands up better to being used as a card base or a shaker pocket and it can be heat embossed too as I have shown in previous videos.

I have used lots of silver mirror card to highlight my designs and it adds richness to the card.

I hope you enjoy the video and please leave me a comment and subscribe to my channel for lots more videos in the future.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christina. What a lovely video today. The gelli plate looks interesting for making backgrounds on the vellum. Where can we buy these plates . I would like to have a try at this but I don't have a brayer either. So may be blending brushes might work. Always ready for some thing new. Thankyou Christina. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the links are in the description box below the video Cxx

      Delete
  2. These cards are so pretty Christina, thank you for your inspiration. Anne Owens ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried the vellum with my gelli plate yet, these are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...