Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 05, 2024

Parchment Ideas - Backgrounds

Hi Everybody,   

Today I am starting a mini video series that will show you some of the ways in which I have used parchment on my cards.

I get confused with what is Parchment and what is Vellum so I looked it up and I am pleased to say that there is no difference.

Both where originally made from animal skins that where scraped and cleaned ready to be used as a writing source.

Now in modern times we have papers and parchment/vellum is now made from plants, and widely available.

It is called many things ... tracing paper, translucent paper, see though paper are some of them.

Here is the video 

  Ways To Use Parchment 

and if you click the link it will take you to a new window on YouTube for you to view the video.

Please like and subscribe and leave me a comment on the channel and here on the blog.

It comes in various weights and many colours. You can get it patterned and even foiled and it has many uses.

You will even find baking parchment in your kitchen. 

And with our cards there is a lot of ways we can use it to make them special. It is an inexpensive way to add variety to your designs.

So over the next few videos I am going to show you some of the ways in which I have added this to my designs.

I hope it will inspire you to make more use of any that you may have in your collections.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card, looking forward to watching your video later.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Christina. Will be watching video later
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the presentation of both card.
    Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful examples of using the vellum!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...