Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 29, 2024

Parchment & Marker Pens

 Hi Everybody,

I know that not everybody has alcohol ink refills  but most of us have alcohol pens of many different brands.

But is doesn't matter whcih brand you have this look can be achieved with any of them.

I also use Isopropyl Alcohol as it is a lot ... and I mean a LOT... cheaper than blending solution and the effect is not that much different.

Try to get the higher percentage if you can as it will work much better that the lower one. I used 99.9% and it wouldn't go any lower than 91%.

I got a one litre bottle from Amazon and it is not expensive and will last you for ages.

I have shown other videos in the past where I have used it to Colour Ribbons and Flowers 

The card to the left has been done with the pens as shown in the video but I have used lots of coloured pens to produce the dots around the sentiment.

It just gives another look to the end result and I quite like it too. You can of course leave it off if you prefer. 

The video is a little longer than usual but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Parchment & Marker Pens

Clicking the YouTube links will open  new windows in for you to view the videos listed but please come back here when you are finished.


I  have really have had a good time playing with Parchment and using it in lots of different ways.

For the card to the right I was inspired by a tortoiseshell brush that I have in my bedroom and I picked out the colours as close to it as I could.

It is the same style as the green one done in the video,  and I like both of them .

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

3 comments:

  1. Two great cards.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am catching up with the videos and they are wonderful.
    C Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  3. this works better for me since I do not have many reinkers, I also have a lot of old markers I could use, these turned out so neat, I love putting the foil on mine too, i think it dresses them up a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...