Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 27, 2012

And yet another box ...

Click to Enlarge
 Here is another Origami Box that I made yesterday.

I have had a lot of fun making them and although they can be a bit fiddly to do ...  they sure are pretty.

I decorated this one with Red Roses  created from Spiral Blossom 3  and the leaves are from the Foliage set

The pictures show you the top, inside and side views and with this one I have threaded the red organza ribbon through the flaps.

 Over the weekend I will do a video of how to make the box .... so get your self a pretty piece of good quality, double sided paper/ light card.

Gather some flowers, leaves and ribbons and we will make the box together.

This one  is slightly smaller than the pink box because of the added lace.

But I will show you how to get the lid correct for whatever size your box ends up.


You can see the ribbon threaded through the flaps at the top of the box and I have attached a box to each side,

They have been topped with a gemstone from Want2Scrap  and the lid has a string of gemstones around each edge.

It really is much prettier in real life than the photo shows and they are quite a good sized box to send a gift in to someone really special.
 The White box on the left is the largest and for that I have used some 14"x14" Centura Pearl card from Crafters Companion

That link is the UK one but if you are in the USA here is the one you need.... Crafters Companion USA

And of course because it is card it is a little harder to fold but I got there in the end.

I added feathers to each of the flaps and added Poinsettia flowers  to the lid.and it would be perfect for a winter Wedding or Birthday.

You will be able to see the white box better in the enlarged view.... just click the photos.

So video to follow at the weekend and I have a couple that I want to do ... just to keep the "Film Crew" happy you understand ... can't have him slacking.

But they will be the last videos,  just  for a couple of weeks,  as we are going on a very special holiday to celebrate Griffs'  Birthday on the 10th September  and mine on the 6th March. 

We are going cruising in the Mediterranean with Royal Caribbean for two glorious weeks at the beginning of October.

 Some of the places we will be visiting are Gibraltar,  Barcelona, Malaga, Alicante, Majorca,  Lisbon and Vigo.

So no videos for that time and not many Blog posts either ... but I am sure you will understand why.

Hugs xx





11 comments:

  1. Beautiful boxes. Do enjoy your cruise. It is a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, I love the boxes you made, they are so gorgeous.

    Thank you for taking so much time sharing your talent, you are wonderful.

    I wish you a pleasant holiday,do enjoy.

    God bless you n your family. Laure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boxes are so beautiful...they will need something nearly as beautiful in them! Have a great Holiday Cruise...it sounds like it will be so nice. Happy Birthday to both of you <3
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box....I got to make one of these ...I hope you and your family have a wonderful time.....see you when you get back....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina these boxes are extraordinaryly beautiful, you really should have your own TV show for you are one of a kind... I hope you visit my blog today and participate in making a card for Michael... you must be counting the days to the big cruise!!!!! Holy Hannah you are so lucky!!!!! I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina, yet another beautiful box. Thank you so much for going to the trouble of the video!! I really do appreciate it and I just love making boxes!! Have a great holiday cruise!! Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely boxes... enjoy your holiday it sounds great"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great vacation, you both deserve it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!!!! christina they are beautifull,
    have a lovely time on your cruise you and your film crew derserve it,i have a big birthday in december no such luck for a cruise though,best wishes normam

    ReplyDelete
  10. I,m sure you will have a wonderful time. We leave for a cruise on the 12th and end up in Venice, the most beautiful city in the world. I love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...