Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 03, 2012

Card Stands ...

Click to Enlarge
Well I ordered  the little card  stands from Ebay
and made up several of them for my designs.

They look very pretty and I am pleased with them. 

But I do find that I need to use a thicker card to support my designs.

And they will not hold up the bigger cards that I like to make, so for these I will add my "A" frames as usual.

So the one pictured here is an A5 card in Landscape and the front is embossed.

The rose is handmade and I have added in a Hatpin  as an extra embellishment. I realy do like the simplicity of this card and it is a really soft shade of pink.  All the cards have the addition of Want2Scrap  Diamante on them


This card is made from the Labels 20 and fits on the stands just perfect ...  and again the flowers are handmade using the Spiral Blossom and Bitty Blossoms from Spellbidners.

The difference in the lighting is becoming fairly obvious now that the daylight is fading.
The top and bottom pictures are done in the lighting booth and the middle one is in daylight.  I prefer the daylight look but as Autumn wears on the choice is being taken away and so more will be done under artificial light.
 
 
 
Hugs xx
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi christine, these are beautiful cards, l love your flowers. I agree with the card stands they are not sturdy enough, I have a couple of wooden easels for my cards but would be great to have something to give away. I always have to use a light booth unfortunately as I can never find anywhere suitable in the house to take pictures, but after looking at you pics I think I need to try again for natural light as I never like my booth pics
    Hugs
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Christina. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Christina. I agree it takes thicker card for the little stands - I use Centura Pearl and most of my cards now are only 6x6. I will definitely be making your "A" frame for my bigger cards - but I only make these as a special request.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful looking card stands and your cards are Gorgeous.
    I must say, I love stick pins in cards but don't use them myself cause I don't make em but yours sure does look nice.
    ColleenB.
    I'm fairly new to your blog and I must say, it's very inspiring. You do Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina your cards are all stunning, loving the shapes of them and those card stands are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards, so elegant. Is the card stand a die cut? How would I search ebay to find some? Thanks! Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...