Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 26, 2012

Origami Folded Box

Click to Enlarge
This pretty box was from instructions that I found in an old magazine and of course I had to try it.

It uses a good quality double sided paper that is quite thick ...  and lots of different folds.

Then once made it can be dressed up any way you want and it is not a bad sized box either.


I added the lid to it and dressed it with the butterflies from the Les Papillion set from Spellbinders

The flowers on the top are made from felt and I used the Spiral Blossoms 3 to make three in pretty shades of pink.

The Organza Ribbon is tied in a large bow with a Diamante gemstone in the centre.

I have added smaller bows around each side and added the gemstones to them also.

Around the edges of each flap I have glued some vintage crochet lace before gluing them  in place.
On the lid I have edged it with La Creme Pearls from Want2Scrap and also along the body line of each of the butterflies.

Because the paper was double sided it makes the inside of the box just as pretty as the outside.

I will be making more of these to add gifts too for any occasion.

Hugs xx

11 comments:

  1. I love making boxes Christina and this is a beauty! Any chance of passing on the instructions? Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about .... a video on them??? Would that be better?

      Delete
    2. You are an absolute angel Christina!! Thanks so much! I have lots of double sided cardstock ready and waiting!!! Christine x

      Delete
  2. It's a shame you cannot post the instructions for making this box because the only ones I have seen so far, are ones with lids practically the same size as the bottom box. Your box is different as it has a lovely smaller lid that fits into the top opening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful box and I just adore the butterflies, thank you for sharing :)
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a stunning box, love it pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina this is the prettiest box ever, I love the vintage lace and yes a video, please , please , please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Christina. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beyond gorgeous box, If i received a box that looked like this I would be sooo happy and keep it on display forever ! So beautifullllll

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...