Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 07, 2012

Retro Mod Clocks ...

Here is one of the fun Spellbinder dies that are available from  Save On Hobbies  and this one is called  Retro  Mod  Clocks.

I have used  it to make this  New Home  card and added  in tiny jewels,  for the numbers on the clock  face,  from  Want2Scrap

It has  all been  matted and layered and the cream card has been  embossed to add some  texture.

The ribbon  is from my stash and  matched the colour scheme perfectly.

The same  pink card that has been  used for the matting has  also been made into a  frame for the back of the card to  make it  stand ... and is  one of the ways that will be  in this weekends  video.
Many of you have been over to Save On Hobbies and bought the incredibly cheap dies that are for sale.  I also know that some of you in the UK have had an extra charge added to the cost before you can get your parcel from the post office.
 
I have discussed this with the owner of Save On Hobbies   (Scott)  and he  is deeply concerned that this has happened,  and  he has  made some  changes to the way  the parcels  are being sent out to hopefully solve this problem in the future ... and so keep the cost of the dies at a really good bargain price. 
 
But I have to say that it is neither Scotts ...  nor my fault that this charge is applied ... it is an import duty by Customs and way beyond our control.
 
I have had a few emails telling me that I should have warned everybody about this charge but I can honestly say that I did not know about it or I would.  And I have also had to pay this charge on one occasion.
 
So for now please be aware that if you order the dies there may be an extra cost added that needs to be taken into account .... but having said that ... even with this extra they are still an incredible price and well worth considering as you build up your Spellbinder collection.
 
And if you are in the USA then postage is free for you .... aren't you lucky ????
 
Hugs xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love this die set and what an idea to make a card for your home, I never thought of that, I really love how you added bling inside the clock and the ribbon you used. Really nice card, can't wait to see the video on the stand! I tried one lately and said "I wish Christina was here!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina, Just to say I have had 2 delivery.s from Save on Hobbies, they did not have this extra charge, and I have to say the service has been fantastic. Many Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...