Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 25, 2012

More Spellbinders ...

Click to Enlarge
 I could not resist these Spellbinders  and I am sure it is an addiction.

So here are my latest purchases and I have already started to play.

I also bought the Marvelous  Squares  and the Venetian  Accents and  Motifs  which are not pictured.

And as it has rained all day I have taken the opportunity to play to my hearts content ... and it has been lovely.

 The first card I made was using the Marvelous Squares.

For this one I cut three frames using the second and third dies in the set.

They have only been added  at the top and bottom of each frame with  tiny spot of glue.

Then I have  weaved through them a patterned strip.

I have used some white organza ribbon to make the bow and put a square Dazzler on the knot.   The "Bling" is from Want2Scrap  and trails out from the ribbon.

For the second  I  went  mad with  lots of  butterflies from the Les Papillions  set.

I cut the under layer in pastel coloured card and the filigree top layer in white.

I layered them up and glued them to the card just on the body line leaving the wings free to be curled.

There is Diamante along each body and a trail from each butterfly.

The sentiment is stamped onto the Marvelous Squares and I have threaded lilac ribbon through the edges.  I made a ribbon Rose from some wider Organza Ribbon and added it the sentiment.

The background for both cards have been embossed to add texture.... and I think they both look very pretty.

More playtime tomorrow .... oh! how I love being retired.... it's the best job in the world

Hugs xx

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Christina. Love those marvellous squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Christina, it's been looking at ur beautiful cards that made me sell my cricut Imagine to buy the Grand Calibur & a few spellbinders, have my christmas list written up for more...lol Can I ask you what type of card/paper you use? especially the coloured one.

    Many thanks
    Margaret. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these just might be my favorites! Love, love, love them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. two stunning cards, fabulous layout ..love my butterflys too. pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christina!
    Love the two cards you made with your new addition. I just bought the squares, and was just trying to come up with something, Love all the Butterflies! You can never have to many!
    Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christina, OMG! Stunning Cards. I just found you and am in AWE of all your Talent. I hope to learn a lot a be 1/2 as creative as you are....

    Chris B / thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...