Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 17, 2012

Traditional Red and Green ...

Traditional Christmas
So for this one I thought I would use the traditional Christmas colours and stick to red and green... and here is the card.

I have used some Holly backing paper in each of the opposite corners and it is from the Christmas Collection CD from Crafters Companion

I have cut the paper across the corner and embossed the cream card that is underneath and shows  in the centre panel.

I have covered the join with some self adhesive red and gold brocade ribbon with Christmas trees on it.
The Spellbinders I have used are the Holly Accents, Floral Oval and the Fancy Tags 3 for the sentiment,  Poinsettia again ... I love the look that this flower gives to cards, and the red card swirl is from the Belle Rose set.

I have used the matching "Bling" for the Tags and some black pearly "Finesse" swirls and  both are from Want2Scrap 

The sentiment has been raised on faom pads and has  Micro Glass Beads  added to it.

The buttons in the centre of each flower are gold metal, vintage ones and they give a really pretty touch.

But I think I need to give Christmas cards a rest now and try something more intricate for a while.

Hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card. This poinsettia die is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Christina. The poinsettia die is oon my wish list, it looks so beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina,
    This is a stunning card, I love the poinsettia die, such a lovely layout too.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You give Christmas cards a whole new meaning , I don't know anyone that can make red and green look this good..beautiful and just one question, is there any spellbinders you don't have?? lol Oh! I added you to the group on facebook and left a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a lovely looking card and with the white looks stunning.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Again Christina,
    i just can not believe how beautiful your cards and other creations are. You always amaze me. TFS..............

    thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...