Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

December 09, 2012

Decorating Done ...... (Phew)


 What a busy weekend this has been but the decorating is now finished.

A while ago we removed all the wallpaper from our walls and made them super smooth to paint instead.

But I wanted to add some stripes to the walls in the lounge and this is how we did it.

The base colour is applied first and allowed to dry and then we had to use low tack masking tape and measure out the stripes.

You  can just see  how it looked once we had done that and they look like one thick and one thin stripe but when the tape is removed the stripes are all the same width.

The next step was to roll all the thicker stripes with Varnish and I used the Satin low odour one.

Before the Varnish is dry remove the tape and the stripes are then on the wall.

That way you won't pull off the newly painted base layer along with your tape.

And here you can see the result once the wall is completed and the stripes look really neat.

The painting that you can see in the photo is a very large canvas that cost very little.

I laid it on top of an upturned tub in the garage and copied it from a post card that I bought from Ikea.

And all I used was emulsion that I had used in the house.

The only other thing I bought was a little tester pot of red to colour the orchid that the first girl is carrying.

When I first did this canvas it looked wrong.... until I added in the shading on the clothes and then it all came together.... and I am very pleased with the result.

So my house is getting back to normal and tomorrow I will show you the end result with the tree in pride of place.

Hugs xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow Christina, the walls look great, you are so inovative (I think that is the right word)xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the walls they look fabulous and that canvas is amazing! TFS and have a great Sunday and thanks for becoming my latest follower:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.! Gorgeous... you are so talented..I love the painting from the postcard and the walls are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your walls look stunning!! I love the look of the stripes!! And the wall hanging is gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look, I actually did the same on a half wall horizontal in the house before this one.. I used eggplant and greens... Your wall is so elegant and if I were to do it again I would have to most certainly go this way..beautiful job!!!!! Can't wait to see your tree!! LOVE your canvas!!!! Great shading

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...