Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

December 21, 2012

Mannequin in Black...


 I have been busy with the other dress form and I decided to make this one a little more sophisticated.

I kept the colours to black and  silver and added in some "Bling" for good measure.

I have used Gilding flakes on her right shoulder and in areas along the bottom of the form ...  and in those areas I have added in the Diamante swirls from Want2Scrap

I also used them to decorate the base along with some black and white flowers  from Wild Orchid Crafts

There is a spotty bow along the base too for an extra touch.

Then I made a tulle underskirt and edged it with black lace.

I used some Velcro dots  to fasten it in place around the waist of the dress form.

But it needed more ... and in my stash I found some black material that would be perfect for what I wanted.

So over the top of the underskirt I made a black over-skirt.

I edged the waistband with black ribbon and added in the bow to one side, and put a Diamante in the centre to cover the knot.

This skirt was also held in place using the small Velcro dots.

I made it so that the lace to the underskirt would be showing as I thought that was a pretty touch.

 Now all ladies need a hat and so here is the one to go with this dress form.

For this I have used the same material as the skirt... the same flowers and spotted ribbon but on this I have added in some feathers.

And so here she is all dressed up  ... and this is another one that I am very pleased with.

I have already been asked how the hat was made and so that will be in a video ...  coming soon !!

Anyway now I need to concentrate on Christmas because believe it or not I still have NOT got a turkey.

I will be catering for my family that day and they all like turkey with all the trimmings.


So if I don't get the chance to post again before the big day I would like to wish you all a very
Merry Christmas  

Hugs xx






6 comments:

  1. Fabulous Mannequins - and a Very Merry Christmas to you and A Happy New Year too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, elegant and gorgeous, Christina!! You decorated it beautifully!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is stunning love it! hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year! hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, you always blow me away with your creativity! I think you got my portion, too. LOL! So thankful, though, that you are willing to share with those of us who need a little help. ;) The dress forms are fabulous! Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a blessed New Year!

    Melinda
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant...beautifully decorated!
    Now go hunt down a turkey!!!
    Have a lovely Christmas.
    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! another pretty dress form and this one is different than the other one. Love what you can do with
    the feathers you use. They always look so nice. A very merry Christmas to you and yours and a blessed new yeaR.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...