Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

December 12, 2012

Special Birthday Card

The Spellbinders are out again for this card and I have made this for my daughters birthday next month.

This makes full use of the Venetian Accents and Motifs and this is such a girly set.

The card is royal blue and cream...  and the base layer has different sized glue pearls added to it.

The other layers have all been in an embossing folder to add texture and interest to the card.

There is a video ... Create Your Own  Pearls ... to show you how I did this effect and it is a lot cheaper than using flat backed pearls to get the look.

I have cut the border twice and added it to the bottom of the card it has been double layered with blue and cream organza ribbon.... with a pearl to cover the knot.

Labels 20 has been used for the centre piece and I have added the matching pearl  "Bling" from Want2Scrap

The cream feather has been added in behind the mask ... which has been cut in cream  and again in blue to act as the shadow. I have done the same thing with the sentiment.

The finished card is 8" x 9" and I have used my Enveloplus Board to create a larger sized box to put it in.

Hope she likes it when she gets it ...

Hugs xx

5 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous the layout is beautiful as are the colours. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christina - she will love this card. It is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Christina, and wonderful tip for making your own bling and what girl doesn't like bling? Now, I'll be off looking for the products to try my hand at making 'bling' for my projects ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a stunning card and I am sure your daughter will absolutely love it.
    Hugs
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous, Christina!! The layout is so beautiful!! More Spellbinders I must have!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...