Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 23, 2013

Jewel Box Saga ... Pt1

Hi Everybody,

Lots of you were just as excited about the Jewel Box as I was.

And it seems that many of you have the same, or a similar box and  you are wanting to alter yours too.

The first thing is to take it all apart.

I have removed all the hinges, door  handles and drawer knobs and put them in a safe place.

And then I set too with some 120 grit sandpaper and rubbed all the shine off the varnish.

You don't have to be too precious about this because all you are doing is preparing the surface to take the next step.

The inside is going to be the tricky bit because all the material is stained and I don't really want to start pulling it apart.

So I will take some time and think about that bit and let you know what I come up with.

But for now .... get all those hinges and handles off and get rubbing the wood down for a nice keyed smooth finish.

Watch out for the ...  Jewel Box Saga Pt 2 ... coming soon to a cinema near you    (Joking)

If you're still looking for  the Give Away then click  Blending Tools  and add your name to the list.  The winner will be announced on Saturday 26th January ..... Good Luck 

Hugs xx

7 comments:

  1. Could you not just stain the inssides with an ink pad or spritz them with ink or H2O (although I have not used them) just a thought.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in! I found a Jewely box as I was cleaning the basement a few weeks ago and it needs some love! Off to sand it, can't wait to see what you will come up with! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your safe places aren't like mine or else you will NEVER find the hinges and knobs again! Looking forward to the next episode in the story...... Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to part 2!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. try using fabric spray paint to paint the inside
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get all these ideas from Christina? I can't wait to see the finished item because if your past creations are anything to go by I know it will be fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...