Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 24, 2013

Jewel Box Saga ...Pt 2

Hi Everybody,

How are you getting on with sand papering your jewel boxes ???

I did most of mine by hand and then I remembered that years ago I bought one of those Black & Decker Mouse sanders and so off I went to search it.

I found it lurking away at the back of my cupboard and hastily dragged it out and dusted it off... and it worked beautifully.

Luckily there were some fine grade sand papers still in the box and  I set too and sanded the rest of the box with my Mouse

So now that I have it all stripped down and sanded the next thing to do was give it all a coat of paint inside and outside.

The first coat of white Acrylic paint looks awful and streaky ...  but don't be put off. Let it dry thoroughly and we will come back to it tomorrow.

In the meantime here is another card to tempt you with the Grand Decorative Ovals again.

this one is done in Orange and  Peachy colours and it is not one of my favorite colour schemes.

This is the Grand Decorative Ovals Card 3  and it is made in a somewhat different way.  Click the link for the video tutorial

The gorgeous  flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts



The beautiful "Bling" is from Want2Scrap  for the finishing touch around the ovals.

Hope you enjoy the video ...

The Blenders are still on offer and if you want to add your name click here

Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. I think you are very talented (and brave) altering the box - I could never do it. Beautiful card. Not colours I would normally use but it is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm watching your progress with interest, knowing it is something I would never dare attempt! Your card with the decorative ovals is beautiful. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful card another set of dies to add to my wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Christina and I love watching the progress of your jewellery box:-) Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a stunning card, Christina!! The design is gorgeous!! I have grand squares, rectangles and circles, and now I'm going to have to get the ovals after seeing all of your amazing creations!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jewel box is very interesting making me look forward to the next part, it no doubt will be amazing, can't wait. Your card is just too pretty, food for thought there.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I love those colours Christina and the card is beautiful. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never got my Jewelry box sanded yet! Shame on me... Heading to Ch'town today so I may have to start tomorrow and paint in all in one day. Your card is absolutely divine and I can't wait to see how it is made!!! I will check out the video later... I will look for the Grand Decorative ovals today...crossing my fingers!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...