Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 28, 2013

Another Altered Art Project

Hi Everybody,

This is another Altered Art project and this is for my daughter ...(the one throwing away the jewel box ... how could she???)

Click to Enlarge the photos
She has an empty box that had some hair straighteners in it and because it was quite a large  she wants it  for storage in her bedroom.


This is what I have done to it and I hope she will like it when she gets it back.

I have kept it pink as the box itself  was in good condition.

But I have got the Spellbinders to work on the top of it in several layers.

The Spellbinders used will be  BOLD so that you will know what has been used.


I have added a base of Snow White Centura Pearl from Crafters Companion  to the lid.

I cut it with a fancy edge to be just a little smaller than the pink lid ... so that  it leaves a narrow border.

Then I have cut two of the Romantic Ovals in a matching pink card and laid them to cover the top.


I cut the Second smallest of the Grand  Decorative Ovals  in  the white and added it with foam pads.

Then a layer of  a plain oval in pink with the largest die from the Floral Ovals layered on top of that.

The Fancy Tags 3 has been cut in pink and white and layered to give a shadow effect and then the matching Pearls from Want2Scrap  are added.

I have used some beautiful pink flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts  and added Glamour Dust to the petals for extra sparkle.


The Decorative Hatpin  and the pins are from the Sparkles Group and if you add in the code CGDIS5  you will get an automatic discount at the checkout.

On the right hand side I have made a butterfly and used some more pearls to create the butterfly trail.

Small pearls have been added to the corners  and I think that this is a very pretty  addition to any bodies dressing table.

Hugs xx

14 comments:

  1. WOW what a gorgeous project. All pink and girly. Gorgeous idea.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina ,wow that looks stunning ,i love any thing you do with spellbinders ,have loved all the cards from the beginning.
    Love Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Very cool idea Christina!!! Love what you did!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous or what? She is going to be absolutely blown away by this! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina it is amazing what you have done with this box - it's really gorgeous. Your daughter will be delighted with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely, I think I will decorate my box the iron came in, I hate ironing and it would cheer me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! all that glam from a plain box - it's beautiful Christina. I'm sure your daughter will be ove the moon with it. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  8. a very nice beautiful box
    with beautiful colors
    love jacqueline
    http://blog.seniorennet.nl/jacqueline/

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Christina - this is gorgeous and I love it that you are reusing something, that else would have been thrown out. Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you totally transformed it!! It's absolutely stunning!! I love the embellishments you used!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful Christina, I bet your daughter will be thrilled with what you have done with her empty box, your ideas are amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty!!!! from trash to treasure....love it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! This is FABULOUS Christina! You did an AMAZING job of transforming this!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Christina,
    Oh! My! Word! this is stunning, love the colour and of course all the beautiful embellishments.
    I have a few boxes lurking in the cupboard must get them out and see what I can do with them.
    Thank you for the inspiration
    Hugs

    Patricia. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...