Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 18, 2013

Just have to show you ...

Hi Everybody,

I just have to show you this .... and then I promise I will leave dress forms alone ... well for a little while at least.


This is one I have been  asked to make for a Mothers Day gift and I love, love, love it.

The dress form had to be black and silver.  I  painted the stand and hat peg in matt black and the skin has had two coats of a "Flesh"   acrylic paint.

I painted the dress shape in white for a base coat and then  I add Silver Gilding flakes to it.

The straps to the dress are Diamante  from  Want2Scrap

I even added in a necklace with some fine silver chain.

The skirt is black taffeta ruffles and along the side opening I added in some lace.

The braiding at the top of the waistband is black and silver.

The large silver flower hides the Velcro that holds the skirt together.

You can see the silver under layer in this photo.

And I added an even larger silver flower to the stand.  And then came the hat ...

This has the same black lace around the brim and lovely feathers with another silver flower in the centre.

It even has a small hat pin in there too.

And I am really pleased with this one and I know that the person it is going to will treasure it

Hugs xx

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it maybe someone will ask you to do a bride and groom.
    hugs adie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! These little dress forms come to life! I agree with Adie that a bride and groom one would be lovely ~ awesome job Christina.
    On another note, I'm trying very hard to convince my hubby to become my 'film crew' too!! Any hints ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, Christina...you have totally out done yourself with this one! The recipient of this dress form is very, very LUCKY, indeed!!! The details are incredible...I'll bet it looks even better IRL!

    Thanks so much for sharing ALL of your dress forms with us...they are all so beautiful, and I could never tire of them! And, thank you for the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is STUNNING!! Wow, Christina, it's absolutely gorgeous!! I hope you don't stay away from dress forms for long - you do an amazing job with them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're just having way too much fun with those dress forms! LOL. This one is amazing...as they all have been. I love seeing your work and I'm so grateful that you are so generous about sharing your projects with us! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've put a lot of work into these and they are all lovely! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous - off she goes to her party or wedding or even Ascot - love the hat:-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous but I love the hat the most, stunning, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, what a fabulous work of art. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christina, I think this is your best dress form to date! Love it! I'm sure the receiver will treasure it. (I'm not getting tired of dress forms, by the way. They are all lovely.)
    Blessings,
    Melinda Smith USA

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...