Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 22, 2013

Look at this little treasure

Hi Everybody,

I visited my daughter over the weekend and I said in conversation that I was going to start going to the Car Boot sales and looking for items that I can alter

I said  I was looking  in particular for  old Jewelry boxes that I can alter into something really pretty  

And would you believe this is what she was throwing away because the hinges at the top are broken and the lid won't close properly.

My little eyes lit up when she said ... "You can have this if you want it " ... do I want it !!!

Now I ask you which Crafter wouldn't want this little treasure ????  

 It's gorgeous and oh what I am going to do to this.

It stands about 11" tall and has pewter handles and knobs

The mirror in the lid is in tact and all the linings  in the cupboards and drawers are there and will need cleaning.

The cupboards have holders for chains and necklaces and  the bottom drawer has a ring slots in it.

The top drawer doesn't open but under the lid there are compartments for earrings.

So I am going to take all the hinges off it and strip it all back to create something really lovely ..... and then..... she will want it back again  .....   NO Chance 


As I progress with this I will show you the stages it goes through and at the moment I have all sorts of ideas whizzing around my head.

Hugs xx

15 comments:

  1. Love it. I threw mine away years ago and now I wish I would have kept it. Looking forward to watching the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what and more importantly how you go with this. I have a box almost identical to this. It was bought for me by my late father, so it has special memories, however it doesn't "fit" with the decor of my room anymore. This could be my answer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the exact same jewellery box, and can't wait to see what you do to it.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to see what you will come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you end up with:-) I have now doubt it will be fabulous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous Christina - looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that was excellent timing, looking forward to the transformation. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant wait to see what you do with this. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. cant wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I look forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whatever you do with it Christina it will end up a stunning one-of-a-kind. I'm really looking forward to seeing the transformation. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see what you do with this...I know it will be stunning!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh awesome!!! And I can't wait to see what your going to do with it....I've also got a look out for something like it....to play with of course....LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how very lucky you are to get your hands on this great treasure. I absolutely love it.
    I, like the rest of the comments can not wait to see what you do with it.
    I have an old empty jewerly box here but with glass on the front of the doors.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can hardly wait to see what you do with this treasured find. It will be motivational to follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...