Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 21, 2018

Simply Cards & Papercraft 175 Home Sweet Home

Hi Everybody,

The free gift with this months Simply Cards & Papercraft is a cute house that can be adapted to make so many other styles

In the video I show you ways in which to turn this into bungalows, town houses, add extensions and so much more.

There are lots of ideas within the pages of the magazine too for you to create some fabulous cards for your self.

For the card in the video I have kept it super simple with just an ink blending technique and I am really enjoying the ink blending at present.

I have been asked what is the difference between Distress Inks and Distress Oxides.  They are both made by the same company and they both react to water.  But Distress Inks are a dye based ink and the Distress Oxides are a blend of dye and pigment inks.

They blend really well and so much easier than Distress Inks and they dry to a lovely chalky appearance. They also have the ability to layer well on top of each other which Distress Inks don't do.

So really it depends on the look that you want as to which you prefer.
But for me it is the Oxides mostly for the way I like to work.
The whole collection of  Distress Oxide colours are available at Craft Stash

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

12 comments:

  1. Morning Christina, beautiful cards and a very versatile set definately a must have.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with these houses... they're just delightful! Awesome cards! Wish this magazine was readily available in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise Bryant, I live in the States and I get all the British card magazines at JoAnnes and the Books a Million (BAM) stores. I should imagine that Barnes and Noble probably sell them also.They arrive 2 months later so we will get this one in May.

      Delete
  3. Morning Christina another great card and sign.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the cards you have made using this Die & Stamp set, looking forward to using them myself.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Stamps love your card very pretty thank you love june Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great set and love all the ideas. Another must have xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina,
    Lovely cards and what a great free gift with this month's magazine.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to find your video, I need all the help I can get, thank you.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Christina and helpful video. Many thanks for your continued support of we lesser capable of magnificent cardmaking. Diana xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Christina,
    What handy stamps and your cards and video are great. Thanks.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the ideas on ways to use this set. I get the magazine here in the states but they are 2 months behind. So I always know what is coming before we get it. It gives me something to look forward too. By the way, I really like this music that you used, very relaxing and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...